• Keeping a check on the eating habits of the patients and how many times they are using the washroom.
• Assembling the equipment like gastrostomy tubes, catheters, and oxygen supplies.
• Providing the basic bedside care like dressing wounds, changing bandages, inserting catheters, and giving injections.
• Taking the patient's vital signs such as respiration, temperature, blood pressure, and heart rate.
• Enter the data related to the record of patients in computer systems.
• Admitting and billing patients
• Interview patients and examine their medical history.
• Regulate vaccinations and injections
• Educate and encourage patients to avoid unhealthy routine
• Keep the health records updated
• Inform the patients about the doctor’s order or test results via mail or call
• Assist registered nurses and other superior nurses to develop best care plan for the patients
• Help the patients to understand documentation or paperwork
• Talk to the patients about their present problems, allergies, medications and keep an eye on their medical records
• Accomplish scheduled immunizations, visual acuity testing, nebulizer treatments, and regulate TB tests
• Talk to the patients and their families about their treatment plan, tests, and diagnoses
• Supervise certified nursing assistants and other non-licensed nursing professionals
• Starting, monitoring, or discontinuing the intravenous catheters or the intravenous fluids.
• Taking verbal orders from the MD (Doctor of Medicine)
• Aid in phlebotomy - analyze patients, look over the requisition form for requested tests, and set equipment, patient and puncture site.
• Assists in IV set-ups: validate solution to be regulated, analyzing infusion site, keep track of IV function and patient comfort, and terminate IV at an appropriate time, as ordered by MD.
• Manage adequate inventory of examination room supplies and set the rooms.
• Undertake various office responsibilities: answer calls and reply to messages and execute triage within the scope of licensed practical nursing practice in an accurate and precise way.
• Help to coordinate patient referrals and take part in the training and orientation of new employees.
• Call pharmacies for ordering prescriptions and store supplies in the rooms of patients
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania , 17055
Prominent Medical Staffing Inc.
Aug 7th, 2018