Location: Alexandria, VA
Job Type: Direct
We are in search of a RN with at least 1-2 years strong acute care experience working in stroke, neuro or ortho. Since this is for a brand new state of the art facility, need 6 RNs for days and 6 RNs for nights. Our client might consider those with strong med/surg experience.
Clarification of requirements in order to be considered:
•Previous rehabilitation nursing experience preferred; CRRN certification desired.
Must have at least 1-2 years strong acute care experience working in stroke, neuro or ortho.
•Education: BSN or MSN or…. If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
•BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification required
•RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
•Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others. Proficient computer skills required.
What is exciting about this job? Many things!
Here you have the opportunity to be part of a brand new team as this is a brand new unit which will have all new state of the art equipment.
The newly created team will be the “trail blazers” in setting the tone for this unit.
The unit will be opening initially with 10 beds and will then expand to 25 beds. Opening will be in March and training will be at the same unit at a nearby sister hospital.
There is a $ 5,000 sign on bonus for EXPERIENCED ACUTE CARE NURSES with a payout after 30 days, possible relocation up to $ 3,000
There are opportunities for you to work days or nights.
Here are the shift differentials:
$ 3.00 evening
$ 4.00 nights
Weekend day $ 4.00
Weekend nights (7pm-11pm) $ 7.00
Weekend evenings $ 8.00
Incredible benefits some of which include the following:
You are eligible for medical, dental and vision coverage after 30 days
You are 100 percent vested in matching contributions after 3 years. Our client matches 100 percent of the first 5 percent you elect to contribute. A Roth 401(k) feature is also available
Flexible paid time off for personal time, holidays, vacation and incidental sick leave. Accrual earned based on length of service and actual hours worked. Accrual begins upon employment; use after 30 days of employment for qualified events.
Educational assistance eligibility after 180 days of employment: Maximum assistance of $3,000 per year ($5,250 for BSN/MSN degrees). Award will be granted based on budgeted hours worked per week
SALARY IS BASED ON YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
OUR CLIENT OFFERS SO MUCH MORE!
What is great about the area? So much!Not far from Washington DC and a train ride away from Baltimore, MD. The county our client is located in offers a magnet Housing program which included those in the healthcare industry. This program provides attractive, well-located, affordable RENTAL housing. (We can provide you with detailed info on this should you meet the qualifications of the job and if you are not already living in the area.)
CLIENT IS LOCATED EXACTLY IN FALLS CHURCH, VA. TRAINING WILL BE IN MOUNT VERNON. SALARY STARTS AT $ 31.25/HOUR WITH A MID-POINT OF $40.95 PER HOUR AND THIS WOULD BE WITH 11-12 YEARS EXPERIENCE.
Here is a bit of what a typical day would look like for you in this role:
Acute inpatient rehabilitation experienced nurse who provides direct nursing care to spinal cord injured, traumatic brain injured, post cerebral vascular accidents and debilitation patients in our rehab program.
Must work collaboratively with the rehab team in order to provide a therapeutic rehab experience for our patients.
Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team.
Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care.
Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration
SCREENING QUESTIONS TO SEND TO YOUR CANDIDATE:
• Why are you interested in making a change?
• What interests you about this role?
• What are the reasons for each of your last 3-4 job changes? Explain:
• Please confirm you have a BSN, if not are you willing to complete within 2 years of hire?:
• Please confirm you are a RN with at least 1-2 years strong acute care experience working in stroke, neuro or ortho. Explain which of these specialties:
• Do you have your BLS?:
• Please confirm you are RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN:
• How would others describe your interpersonal skills with patients, their families and team members?:
• Please tell me about any experience you have working in an acute inpatient rehabilitation unit providing direct nursing care to spinal cord injured, traumatic brain injured, post cerebral vascular accidents and debilitation patients:
• What are your salary expectations?
• If relocating, tell me why this location is a good long term fit for you and please confirm you have done your research on housing and all the area has to offer?:
• Are you in the interview process with anyone at this time? If yes, please explain when you expect to make a decision on your next career move:
• If hired, how soon are you able to start?
Alexandria , Virginia
Apr 4th, 2019