Looking for a part time RN (16 hours per pay period) Hours are second shift: 2:30pm-11:00pm. Rotating Holidays and weekends.
SUMMARY: Provides nursing care to residents at Sacred Heart. Works within a team structure with all members of nursing performing nursing related duties that include assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of activities that directly affect the overall care of the Sisters served.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
1. Endorses the Philosophy and Mission of School Sisters of St. Francis and the Philosophy of Care of Sisterhood.
2. Receives, greets, directs Sisters, staff and visitors; projects a positive image of the organization.
3. Demonstrates a willingness to participate in activities to improve department performance.
4. Takes responsibility to ensure the highest possible satisfaction of the Sisters, coworkers and guests.
5. Demonstrates a positive attitude when working with challenging situations.
6. Communicates and collaborates effectively with SSSF coworkers and with Community Care staff regarding Sister needs.
7. Handles conflict positively, resolves issues and deficiencies when needed and seeks guidance when needed.
8. Communicates concerns to the appropriate person with a focus on problem solving verses blaming.
9. Actively promotes cooperation and teamwork among peers.
10. Demonstrates ability to adjust to changes in work assignment; is flexible.
11. Demonstrates a willingness to assist others when needed.
12. Demonstrates a welcoming atmosphere to new staff and guest staff.
13. Demonstrates being a supportive mentor to new staff.
14. Takes an active role in learning about changes; offering suggestions.
15. Accepts coaching on issues to improve current job skills or to learn new ones.
16. Provides Nursing Assistants with a current care plan and ensures that all care plans have the documentation necessary to provide the proper type of care.
17. Monitors and manages changes in condition and acts as indicated. This includes utilizing the nursing process, updating the plan of care and evaluating effectiveness of care provided.
18. Provides accurate and complete shift to shift report verbal and written.
19. Directs staff according to policy and procedures during emergency situations.
20. Provides direction and oversite of care provided by the Nursing Assistants, Licensed Practical Nurses and addresses issues as appropriate.
21. Administers medications according to facility policy and procedures.
22. Accurately documents, investigates and communicates incidents and accidents and provides onsite treatment as indicated and able.
23. Monitors the work environment to assure safety and addresses issues as they arise.
24. Monitors the environment to assure homelike atmosphere and addresses issues as they arise.
25. Completes treatments as ordered and communicates effectiveness.
26. Demonstrates correct use of equipment; oxygen, pulse ox, blood pressures CPAP, Nebulizer etc.
27. Demonstrates desire to learn and grow professionally.
28. Processes physician orders according to facility policy.
29. Documents in the medical record pertinent and accurate information.
30. Provides advocacy between the Sister and health providers.
31. Promotes self-responsibility in health-related matters by assisting the Sister to establish realistic health goals, determine methods to meet the goals and self-evaluate progress towards the goals.
32. Communicates with the SSSF Family Health Services Director and/or RN PM Supervisor related to changes in condition.
33. Demonstrates competency with physical assessment skills.
34. Communicates, coordinates services; Aging Disability Resource Center.
35. Collaborates with other departments and professionals to streamline operations.
36. Performs other duties as assigned by the SSSF Family Health Services Director and/or the RN PM Supervisor.
37. Utilizes supplies, time and equipment effectively to avoid damage or waste.
38. Completes assignments during allotted scheduled time.
39. Participates in the evaluation of performance of Nursing assistants and Licensed Practical Nurses.
1. Develops knowledge of School Sisters of St. Francis (SSSF) services.
2. Works within the framework of the SSSF Philosophy of Care of Sisterhood and the Mission and Values when relating to Sister Residents.
3. Projects a positive image of the organization in dealing with Sisters, Administration, co-workers and the public.
4. Has knowledge and understanding of the aging process with a compassionate approach to the elders needs and problems.
5. Practices excellent customer service in accordance with the SSSF Mission.
6. Maintains a professional demeanor at all times.
7. Follows policies and procedures as stated in the SSSF Employee Handbook, along with department policy and procedures.
8. Upholds HIPPA and confidentiality of health and personal information.
9. Collaborates with the SSSF Family Health Services Director and RN PM Supervisor as needed.
10. Communicates with confidence and clarity and can relate to diverse types of people.
11. Demonstrates the ability to listen and seek to understand information presented and communicates information and ideas so others will understand.
12. Fosters a positive, supportive environment based on SSSF mission values.
13. Performs nursing care according to established standards of practice.
14. Has the ability to initiate, plan, organize and complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner with attention to detail and accuracy.
15. Possess work management and prioritizing skills. Demonstrates practical problem solving and decision-making skills.
16. Has the ability to be flexible and demonstrates adaptability
17. Is reliable, responsible and dependable in fulfilling job tasks.
18. Responsible to know the Fire/Disaster Plan for reporting safety hazards and for safety practices.
19. Carries out other requests as may relate to the position when given by the RN PM Supervisor and/or the SSSF Family Health Services Director.
20. Collaborates with the RN PM Supervisor as needs occur for the nursing staff and for the Sister residents.
21. Regular attendance is required.
22. Participates in an annual performance evaluation.
23. Keeps work area clean, neat and in an orderly manner.
24. Maintains a well-groomed appearance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing program required.
One (1) year related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in a Long-Term Care environment preferred.
CPR Certification required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current and valid unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin , 53215
School Sisters of St. Francis
Oct 8th, 2021