Responsible for coordinating health services at Chesapeake Home Health Care. The Administrator is responsible for the daily administration of the agency, clients and employees while reporting to the President/CEO.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Provide oversight to staff, including disciplinary action as needed.
• Establish objectives and evaluative operational criteria for units they manage.
• Develop and implement organizational policies and procedures for the agency.
• Oversees all supply purchasing to ensure that expenses are maintained within the budgetary guidelines.
• Establish work schedules and assignments for staff, according to workload, space and equipment availability.
• Maintain awareness of advances in data processing technology, government regulations, health insurance changes, and healthcare laws and regulations
• Provides on-call coverage as needed.
• Plan, implement and administer programs and services in a RSA, including personnel administration, training, and coordination of nursing and staff.
• Cooperate and assist Director of Clinical Services in a manner that will include recommendations regarding the value of specific businesses of the Corporation.
• Responsible for the implementation and ongoing maintenance of all office policies and procedures.
• Delegate responsibility to appropriate staff to ensure that the day-to-day functions and assigned projects are carried out.
• Personally manage the staffs that are responsible for the specific tasks, assignments, programs and events.
• Responsible for encouraging the growth and assisting in the evaluation process of the staff.
• Create a positive working environment.
• Delegates and organizes organization functions with concurrent staff accountability expectations.
• Evaluates management informally and formally with written performance appraisals upon completion of their probationary period and on an annual basis.
• Approves all salary adjustments in keeping with the parameters established in the annual budget.
• Submits an annual operating budget to the CFO and monitors fiscal operations on an ongoing basis.
• Provides leadership and consultation to the management team.
• Demonstrates positive written and verbal communication, internal and external to the organization.
• Holds regular management and staff meetings in order to ensure smooth operations and communication flow throughout the organization.
• Demonstrates a high commitment to customer services and quality organizational standards
• Performs other duties as requested by the President/CEO.
Bachelors Degree (four -year college or university or combination of education and experience)