WHO WE ARE
APMG prides itself on providing comprehensive pain management and using cutting edge, yet conservative, techniques to treat patients suffering from chronic pain. Amid the recent opioid epidemic, our physicians are, and have been, extremely conscious and vigilant about prescribing oral analgesics. They understand that pain medications are highly addictive and are diligent about monitoring their patients on a regular basis to ensure safety.
APMG prides itself on offering the newest and most efficient procedures in interventional pain management. Our physicians are some of the few who perform effective minimally invasive cutting-edge pain procedures such as: Vertiflex Superion Spinal Decompression, Dorsal Root Ganglion Stimulation, Spinal Cord Stimulation, PainTEQ for SI joint pain, Laser Discectomy, Kyphoplasty, in addition to innovative procedures such as Stem Cell Treatments and PRP Injections.
Other Multispecialties: Neurosurgery, Orthopedics (including total joints), and ENT (including pediatrics).
APMG Per Diem Registered Nurse
***We are looking for Per Diem Registered Nurses that have the flexibility to travel as needed to the following locations: West Hills, Beverly Hills, Encino, Thousand Oaks, and Palmdale. *** Mileage reimbursement provided.
Per-diem, Non- exempt
M-F cases cases can be between 4:30am-7pm, varied shifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
• Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
• Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
• Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
• Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
• Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Evaluate and may assist in the implementation of best practices to meet the needs of the ambulatory surgical centers.
• Ensure that each patient has daily individual and on-going assessment of need, ensuring planning, implementation and evaluation of care.
• Ensure compliance with legal and professional requirements in clinical practice and documentation.
• Ensure compliance of all staff with medication incident reporting procedures and facilitate learning of same.
• Collaborate with ambulatory surgical center medical personnel and Director of Nursing in order to adhere to any national reforms relating to nursing practices, policies and procedures.
• Participate in regular and formal staff meetings to discuss operations practice or clinic issues etc.
• Maintain effective communication within the Surgical Center and other departments throughout the Ambulatory Surgical Centers and Clinic office.
• Assist in maintaining a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or needed.
Minimum two years of Surgical/Clinical Nurse experience.
Experience as an Operating Room Circulator preferred, but willing to provide training.
Current active license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
Current certification in accordance with the American Heart Association's Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) Program and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
Current certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) preferred.
A valid California Class C Driver's License and mode of transportation.
Los Angeles County, California
Advanced Pain Medical Group
Sep 11th, 2020