Largo, Clearwater, and St. Pete
3+ months to Potential Hire
In the LPN role you will provide responsive customer service as the communicator between the patients and the provider. You will provide clinical and clerical support to Physicians and Mid-Level Providers and assists with exams and in office procedures.
Your responsibilities consist of:
Direct Patient Care:
• Practicing universal precaution while using available personal protection and safety equipment.
• Assessing patient condition under the direction and supervision of provider.
• Administering medications while demonstrating proficiency in the “5 Rights”.
• Ensuring proper completion of appropriate consent forms for medication and/or immunization administration and supplying the patient with the Vaccine Information Statement (VIS) form.
• Assisting providers within office procedure and preparing the patient for exam.
• Triaging patient phone calls and obtain accurate information and documentation.
• Possessing knowledge of medication classifications, side effects and proper dosage as it pertains to their specialty.
• Obtaining accurate vital signs from patient.
• Practicing aseptic and sterile techniques and ensure instruments are disinfected and sterilized.
Indirect Patient Care:
• Demonstrating working knowledge of computer systems and programs.
• Maintaining and practice knowledge of OSHA regulations, exposure control plan and principles of infection control.
• Maintaining proficiency in equipment usage in assigned departments.
• Completing the relevant portions of the Encounter form using correct CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) and ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases).
• Ensuring the clinical area is stocked for patient care needs.
• Adhering to Pathology Labeling and Processing policy.
Required Work Experience:
• High school diploma or GED
• Completion of an accredited LPN program
Required Licenses and Certifications:
• Possess a current Florida LPN license