Columbia University School of Nursing has more than a century-long history of achievement in education, a well-known focus on clinical excellence and leadership in advanced practice nursing & clinical care, and nationally-recognized specialty & subspecialty education programs.
Our Nurse Practitioner Faculty Practice, ColumbiaDoctors|Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Group, is currently searching for a full-time, highly-motivated Registered Nurse (RN) Care Coordinator/Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) to join the team at our Washington Heights facility. This integrated primary care practice serves the physical and mental healthcare needs of the Washington Heights community.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs in the School of Nursing, the incumbent will be an integral part of the Nurse Practitioner Group. S/He will be responsible for providing care coordination, diabetes education and chronic care management to all eligible patients, ensuring continuity and timely follow-up are achieved. The RN Care Coordinator will also be involved in the House Calls practice for homebound patients. The successful incumbent will possess strong analytical & critical thinking skills, demonstrate sound judgment, and have the initiative and proven ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Addressing patient medical conditions over the phone in collaboration with the Nurse Practitioners;
- Initiating or participating in patient care case conferences to ensure coordinated, comprehensive & holistic services;
- Performing chronic care management including informing, educating and counseling patients on test results & interventions, as well as drug therapies, side-effects & interactions;
- Counseling & guiding patients on symptom management, health maintenance, rehabilitation strategies, risk factors, and lifestyle changes;
- Providing referrals for DME, nursing & other ancillary services and assisting in obtaining authorizations for radiology tests & medications;
- Administering vaccines;
- Performing a monthly patient care plan review;
- Precepting Columbia Nursing students; and
- Performing other responsibilities as needed and assigned.
Columbia University offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and credentials. The selected individual will receive an academic faculty appointment, allowing the opportunity to advise and mentor students. This is a non-tenured track position. Some evenings & weekend hours will be required. Applicants who are bilingual in Spanish, as well as those with work experience in a primary care setting, will be given special consideration.
To Apply: https://academicjobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=66251
Columbia is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- Master's degree in Nursing plus a minimum of two (2) years of related work experience
- Active New York State Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- Phlebotomy & EKG experience
- Experience working with an electronic medical records system
- Solid computer literacy in Microsoft Word & Excel and in maintaining databases
- Extraordinary organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal & written
Preferred Qualifications: Applicants who are bilingual in Spanish, as well as those with work experience in a primary care setting, will be given special consideration.
New York, New York , 10032
Columbia School of Nursing
Apr 15th, 2019