• Reviews pre-admission documents and intake summary before arrival to the setting along with preparing, reviewing, and organizing chart paperwork.
• Follows admission visit design format for consistency and accurate and timely completion of evaluations, informational visits and/or admissions.
• Discussion and confirmation with patient and family regarding preferences for palliative vs. curative care and reviews criteria for admission.
• Educates patient and family about appropriate levels and aspects of hospice services and the interdisciplinary team approach. Explains consents, other documents and obtains signatures.
• Completes an initial assessment and discusses plan of care for first team visits, medications, when to call Hospice, safety, etc.
• Completes admission specific documentation by the end of the 4th hour after scheduled admission start time. Responsible for 2 admissions daily.
• Collaborates with Intake staff and contracted agencies for DME, medications, and other approved services as well as the patient's attending physician and the HEB physician.
• Provides consultation to patients and families in home/hospital regarding services including appropriate for Bruns House (GIP) Flexible schedule and work assignments to ensure admissions are completed the same day as the referral ,when appropriate.
• Demonstrates sensitivity to culturally diverse patient, family and employee populations.
• Demonstrates the skills, knowledge and abilities necessary to be successful in the job as outlined in the position requirements.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrate cooperative, professional behavior with colleagues and clients.
• Knowledge and understanding of the hospice philosophy and hospice criteria for admission and the admission process.
• Knowledge of private insurance, Medicare and Medi-Cal regulations as well as State and Federal regulations.
• Ability to conduct oneself professionally in different circumstances as a representative of HEB.
• Able to work effectively under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines, changing priorities and work assignments.
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills. Participate in agency clinical meetings as requested.
• Adhere to agency as well as departmental goals and performance standards.
• Present with professional office attire or uniform.
• Commitment to principals, practices and procedures of nursing in a hospice environment.
PLEASANT HILL, California , 94523
Hospice of the East Bay
Oct 29th, 2018