The New York Foundling (the "Foundling") is one of the oldest, largest and most well-respected human services agencies in New York. Established as a home for abandoned children, the Foundling has been saving children, preserving families, and building communities since 1869. The Foundling's focus is on child welfare and the developmentally disabled and creating a community where each child, youth and adult enjoys the safe, stable and support relationships needed to reach his or her full physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual potential. We have over 1300 employees located in every borough of New York City, Westchester and Rockland Counties and in Puerto Rico. We are currently looking for an LPN/Day Habiliation Specialist in our ROCKLAND COUNTY Day Program who will have daily contact with Day Hab Manager and individuals. Day Habilitation Manager will provide supervision to LPN/DHS and individuals will receive care and supervision from LPN/DHS. Regular contact will occur with service providers in the community, as well as, residential programs and RN.
The LPN/DHS will be responsible for:
• Ensure supervision, health and safety of individuals; Implement Day Habilitation Plan
• Advocate for individual in the community (recreation activities, volunteer opportunities, emergency room or Urgent Care representative etc).
• Ensure individual plan of care is implemented.
• Ensure that individual medication is administered as prescribed.
• Assist with skill building by following Day Hab Plan and Quick Fact Sheets.
• Maintain facility in compliance with the OPWDD and COA standards.
• Facilitate individual learning and skill training in fire safety.
• Implementation and documentation of individual goals through computer database systems.
• Complete daily progress notes and other individual logs.
• Maintain updated certifications in CPR/first aid, SCIP, and AMAP.
• Provide atmosphere conducive to positive behavior.
• Observe, report regressive and unusual behavior and work cooperatively with clinical staff.
• Cleaning and maintaining program site and vehicles.
• Attends appropriate workshops, trainings, and meetings.
• Assist in providing ethical and moral values.
• Transport and escort individuals on recreational activities, volunteer opportunities, etc
• Assist in development of social skills.
• Complete job related tasks as needed.
• Evaluate individuals health care needs on a continuing basis and report to Assistant Director of Nursing or other appropriate parties.
• Monitor and document individuals weight, height and vital signs as prescribed
• Maintain medical portion of individuals record in an orderly and current manner, i.e. file, copy, remove and store out of date records as directed
• Maintain and order medications and medical supplies for all individuals
• Provide routine nursing care as directed by RN and physician
• Accompany individuals to Urgent Care or Emergency Room
• Complete documentation related to DHS duties as well as medical and medication administration
• Provide routine first-aid
• Provide in-service training on medical issues when necessary
• Record monthly individual nursing progress notes
The Foundling offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, in-service training, flexible work schedules and competitive salaries. We invite you to join our dedicated & diverse workforce by applying directly online-- use this link: https://re31.ultipro.com/NEW1025/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=1888 - or sending your resume along with cover letter to *****@***********.org or fax at (###)###-####. Please reference "LPN/DHS." www.NYFoundling.org
• Must have a valid LPN license.
• Must have a clean, valid New York State Driver’s License.
• Experience with developmentally disabled is preferred.
Nanuet , New York , 10954
The New York Foundling
Jul 26th, 2017