Redwood Coast Medical Services, a community health clinic located on the beautiful Northern California Coast, is currently hiring for a part time Hospice Nurse RCMS is designated as a Federally Qualified Health Clinic (FQHC), and individuals who work for the organization are eligible for loan forgiveness through either Federal or State programs. We offer a competitive salary, signing bonus, relocation expense coverage, and other assistance.
The Hospice Nurse is responsible for providing and performing comprehensive professional nursing duties for homebound patients. The Hospice Nurse works with the Hospice Team to provide care, monitor health conditions, administer medication, use medical equipment and advise patients and their families on current prognosis. Duties of the Hospice Nurse include providing clinical assessment and evaluation of patients, assisting patient or family members with concern and empathy, and documenting accurate and ongoing assessment of patient status.
• Current California RN license.
• Current CPR certification.
• Working knowledge of use and application of computers.
• Compassionate nature and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Experience in i2i and NextGen electronic medical records system preferred.
• Ability to maintain accurate detailed reports and records.
• Valid California driver’s license with acceptable driving records, and reliable automobile with minimum insurance coverage for use in the field.
• Minimum one year recent Visiting Nurse or Home Health preferred.
• Capable of performing physical requirements of the job.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Must be self-motivated, able to work on own and feel comfortable working and care for patients in a variety of home settings.