Bassett Healthcare Network
Are you looking to make a difference by improving the health of our patients? Bassett Medical Center is a proud affiliate of the Bassett Healthcare Network, an innovative and unique health care system that connects comprehensive care and services to people living throughout a 5,600-square-mile area of Central New York.
The primary function of the Nurse Educator is to provide effective educational programming to meet the dynamic needs of Bassett’s nursing staff. The Nurse Educator supports optimal, evidence-based nursing practice by employing educational strategies to promote positive learning and clinical competency in the practice environment. This is accomplished by assessment of learning needs, identification of issues and trends, identification of desired outcomes, planning, implementation, coordination, consultation and evaluation. The Nurse Educator is responsible for developing and implementing educational plans to meet the identified learning needs of the nursing staff and for promoting high quality clinical performance to enhance patient outcomes.
1. Utilizes creative and innovative strategies to address educational needs of nursing staff.
2. Performs learning needs assessments for both individuals and groups. Uses data and tools to identify issues and trends that indicate staff learning needs.
3. Develops, revises and implements orientation programs for new staff to meet identified needs.
4. Develops clinical unit-based educational plans to meet desired outcomes.
5. Designs, implements and evaluates educational programs for nursing staff to assure initial and on-going clinical competency.
6. Demonstrates use of multiple effective teaching-learning methods, such as: lecture, case-study presentations, group learning activities, role-play, high-fidelity simulation scenarios, return-demonstration skills labs, written or on-line learning modules.
7. Plans and coordinates Continuing Education programs to meet the on-going needs of nurses at all stages of their career development.
8. Maintains knowledge of regulatory requirements regarding nursing staff education and competency assessment and coordinates programs to meet these requirements.
9. Develops and implements nursing staff development initiatives, including preceptor development, specialty certification, credentialing and career development.
10. Effectively coaches nursing staff to assist with improvement of practice (remediation), career development, or clinical advancement.
11. Collaborates with faculty from affiliated nursing schools and unit Mangers and clinical leaders to coordinate student clinical placements.
12. Promotes evidence-based nursing practice through incorporation of research findings in all educational programs and coaching nursing staff to explore and implement identified best practices.
13. Offers timely consultation to nursing staff relative to patient care issues.
14. Role models, promotes and teaches service-oriented behaviors and communication to achieve the highest patient satisfaction levels.
15. Participates in professional practice activities and multidisciplinary institutional committees and work groups to plan and implement operational and practice changes to improve patient outcomes.
Our commitment to our employees includes benefit programs that are designed to meet the various needs across our employee population.
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
• Life insurance and disability protection
• Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our network, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through employee contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location and/or position.
Bassett Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related condition), age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, familial status, status a victim of domestic violence, or any other status protected by law.
Daleview Care Center
No problem! Register now to gain access to our entire job board.