CSL Plasma is the world’s largest supplier of human plasma with 181+ collection sites in the U.S. We are a rapidly growing company and are in need of medical associates who are seeking advancement opportunities to join our team!
Responsible for the evaluation of donor suitability for automated pheresis procedures. Administration and supervision of approved immunizations other than red blood cell immunizations. Provides limited emergency medical care to donors and staff, including the administration of medication or treatments in accordance with licensure or certification.
1 Promotes positive customer relations with all donors.
2 Conducts confidential and effective interviews with donors to obtain necessary information regarding suitability to donate plasma.
3 In conjunction with the Center Medical Director and/or Center Physician responds to medically related questions from staff including donor suitability and provides information to staff on medically related issues.
4 Performs medical history reviews and health assessments on donors. Assesses results of donor screening and laboratory tests to determine initial and continuing donor suitability.
5 Notifies and counsels donors regarding reactive test results. Refers donors to community facilities for follow-up and counseling.
6 Explains informed consent to applicant donors. This includes explanation of procedures, hazards and potential adverse events; explanation of immunization schedules, dose and antibody response; providing clear opportunity for donor to refuse participation; obtaining signature and date certifying informed consent.
• Graduation from a paramedic, nursing, physician assistant, chiropractic, medical school or naturopathic medical training program
• If graduation is from a foreign allopathic or osteopathic medical school, must also currently be licensed as a physician or state certification as an emergency medical technician
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in a health care environment
• Experience in a plasma or whole blood collection center or other regulated environment preferred but not required.
• Ability to make and analyze a physical assessment of heart, lung sounds, signs of drug use, etc.
• Ability to instruct donors, staff and community regarding the benefit of plasma donation programs
Must have some weekend availability.