- Serve as the liaison between WeCare Private Duty Services, Inc. and clients and contractors related to health care issues.
- Complete Client Intake Form for all potential new clients and generate an initial assigned schedule, as needed.
- Perform Initial Needs Assessments and initiate Blue Service Record and all parts.
- Perform telephone follow-up with on hold/info request/never started clients within 14 days of initial contact with the company, document appropriately.
- Make 45-day re-evaluation appointments with clients and/or their responsible parties for all current WeCare Private Duty Services, Inc. clients on an on-going basis. Update care plans, review med sheets, update skin sheets, fall assessment forms, and monitor flow records.
- Perform follow up 90 day calls for those clients that do not have a 45 day visit.
- Perform subsequent Skilled Nursing Service/Medication Administration visits, as necessary.
- Maintain and keep updated all electronic scheduling and data base systems.
- Create applicable reports for analysis of Clinical department, when necessary.
- Attain membership in applicable professional organizations and attend professional training as required by the Maryland State Board of Nursing and/or required by WeCare Private Duty Service, Inc.
- Assist with instructional sessions (Quarterly In-Service Training, Independent Contractor Orientation, etc.).
- Develop and maintain client files with all required documentation
- Obtain, review, and file the Client Flow Records monthly.
- Maintain and update Prospective Client Intake Book. Conduct follow-up if necessary.
- Perform Quality Assurance functions including documentation, follow-up and corrective action(s) as required.
- Attend monthly clinical staff meeting and provide proactive contributions to promote optimal client care and professional excellence.
- Upon completion of case, close client file (to include retrieval of Blue Service Record), disposition of Client form, placement of file in “pending discharge” status both in computer system and paper file system.
- Knowledge of and Implementation of Client/Caregiver complaint process.
- Assist in the recruitment of new caregivers and new clients.
- Conduct and Assist with Caregiver and Client interviews.
- Perform and Assess Initial Skills Assessments of caregivers.
- Complete provider’s statement for Long Term Care, as necessary
Associates degree in Nursing required.
Must have demonstrated leadership skills & demonstrated decision-making skills
Applicant will have a minimum of three (3) years recent clinical experience in a variety of settings; preferably in Home Care.
Will be familiar with the Rules and Regulations for Residential Service Agency and Nurse Referral Agency as set forth by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Office of Health Care Quality.
Off-hours Clinical coverage (must carry company phone and be available at scheduled times for clients, caregivers and staff). Occasional weekend duty may be needed (for client/caregiver visits and follow-up if necessary).
Applicant will be personable, congenial, motivated, and excel in time management.
Must have own reliable transportation.
Must be proficient in executing the nursing process.
Must be able to demonstrate a patient/client assessment
Baltimore, Maryland , 21208
65k-75k per year
We Care Private Duty Services
Mar 14th, 2019