The Care Management Team Lead will manage a small team working with six community health centers and a Medicaid Managed Care Organization to achieve improved outcomes for health center patients enrolled with the MCO. This individual will help to hire the other team members, including an LCSW, a Care Coordinator and a Community Health Worker. With support from HFP’s Population Health Department, staff and providers at the six participating community health centers, and the MCO, this team will work to assess needs of identified patients at high risk of poor health outcomes, and to engage these individuals in primary care and other services, with the goals of improving health status and reducing hospitalizations, as well as to address quality metrics across the whole attributed population.
• Help to develop a centralized care management and quality improvement program, including defining roles of and hiring three additional team members, including a community health worker.
• Supervise team members.
• Create and implement workflow, processes, and forms for patients attributed to health centers and designated as “high risk”.
• Act as the clinical point person on the team for physical health – communicate with other healthcare providers as needed both within and outside of health centers.
• Provide direct care management services to patients living with chronic disease and transitioning from inpatient hospitalizations.
• Coordinate with health centers to review quality metric data, discuss workflow and documentation, and strategize about gaps in care.
• Communicate regularly with MCO team regarding patients and metrics.
- Licensure as an RN.
- At least 2 years experience providing care management services to patients with chronic physical and/or mental health conditions.
- At least 2 years experience with project management and staff supervision. Experience with a start-up project/program is a plus.
- Understanding of managed care arrangements.
- Experience providing care in outpatient healthcare settings.
- Community health center and/or Medicaid program experience is desired, but not required.
- Ability to work independently and a desire to build a program from scratch.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Position Type and Work Schedule
This is a full-time, exempt position.
Standard office setting, plus regularly scheduled meetings, trainings, etc. with participating health centers.
Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time. Able to lift and move up to 15 pounds.
Must be able to get around effectively within Philadelphia and surrounding counties, either on public transportation and/or in own vehicle. Limited travel beyond surrounding counties will be required, as well.
Salary and Benefits
Please see job posting at: [link] for salary range.
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
• Medical with vision benefits
• Dental insurance
• Flexible spending accounts
• Life, AD&D and long term care insurance
• Short- and long-term disability insurance
• 403(b) Retirement plan, with a company contribution
• Paid time off, including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
• Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania , 19109
Health Federation of Philadelphia
Jan 27th, 2020