CHILDHELP IS LOCATED ON A BEAUTIFUL RANCH IN LIGNUM, VA
Responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the client’s status, plan of care, and goal achievement. Also must be aware of the potential exposure to internal and external hazardous materials including but not limited to: blood borne pathogens, infections/communicable diseases, noise, excessive physical injury from clients, airborne dusts, fumes, and gases etc.
This position does not have direct reports.
• Accurately and efficiently pack medications for clients going off ground, including medication list and any educational forms needed as outlined in policy and procedures.
• Regularly audits the medication charts and reviews supplies, report deficiencies, orders needed supplies from the pharmacy. Stocks and organizes supplies in exam room and in group home medication cabinets, ensures that an adequate inventory is kept in stock. The RN will document such audits in the performance improvement manual.
• Abides by all safety and infection control regulations and has knowledge necessary of the exposure protocol to be able to assist other employees and clients to receive appropriate follow-up.
• Accurately and efficiently transcribe orders according to facility policy and procedures, including requirements of all licensing and regulatory bodies.
• Administers and reads TB test to clients, staff and volunteers. Completes appropriate documentation in an accurate and timely manner according to nursing office procedure.
• Provides client care according to current nursing protocols, facility policy, & procedure, recommendation of the American Academy of Pediatrics, and other pertinent practice guidelines and applicable regulations.
• Inspects children’s clothing and possessions to detect contraband in accordance with village policies and procedures.
• Assess the physical and emotional well-being of children post therapeutic holds.
• Assists with scheduling and/or preparation for doctor appointments, lab test, and other medical procedures as necessary, making certain paperwork is correct and thorough, as well as correctly processing return paperwork and instructions.
• Responsible for making the appropriate notifications and reports to parents/guardians and inter-facility personnel.
• Reviews and documents height, weight, and blood pressure of clients on a monthly basis.
• Maintains refrigerator and freezer temperatures within normal guidelines and takes the appropriate action to correct any deficiencies or malfunctions.
• Carries out other duties as assigned.
• Associates of Science in Nursing degree plus two years of related experience OR a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree
• RN license in the state of Virginia or from a compact state
• Must be current on all mandatory annual retraining and in-services
• Must be able to accurately dispense medications, and be capable of drawing blood and giving injections
• Strong verbal, written, and listening communication skills to include communicating clearly, effectively, tactfully, and patiently to a diverse population.
• Demonstrate teamwork, professional communication, dependability, and flexibility as required by working in a residential treatment setting.
• Strong interpersonal skills and demeanor with the ability to build rapport and garner trust with others.
• Proficient in the use of a PC; in a Windows environment; in the use of the Internet; and in the use of MS Office Applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Ability to effectively engage with children from various backgrounds and circumstances.
• Ability to provide consistency and behavioral limits through relationship-based interventions.
• Ability to maintain professional behavior in high pressure situations.
• Ability to solve problems by applying basic analytical skills to include collating and reporting information; identifying trends and exceptions; investigating to define problems more accurately; sorting information in order of importance; identifying relationships and linkages between components; identifying variable potential causes and effects; soliciting guidance to define criteria and assign values of importance and urgency; and escalating issues of an exceptional nature.
• Ability to work collaborative as part of a team.
• Ability to demonstrate dependability and flexibility.
• Ability to deliver high level of professionalism and service.
• Ability to work with confidential information.
• Ability and willingness to carry out the Childhelp mission and realize the Founders’ vision by embodying the cultural values of unconditional love, service, quality, and continuous improvement.
• Ability to frequently stand, see, hear, speak, and be physically flexible; occasionally sits walk, stoop, lift up to 50 lbs., carry, run and drive; and at times may bend, climb, squat, kneel, push/pull.
• Employees may be exposed to children who may ask inappropriate personal questions, display socially unacceptable personal behaviors, insult your physical appearance, age, sex, and race, use profanity, sexually explicit phrases, exhibit defiance, dishonesty, threats, accusations, and theft, assaultive behaviors and self-destructive behaviors.
• B.A. or B.S. Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university with two years of experience
• Experience working in a children’s residential treatment facility.
Fredericksburg, Virginia , 22726
Apr 1st, 2021