WHO WE ARE
APMG prides itself on providing comprehensive pain management and using cutting edge, yet conservative, techniques to treat patients suffering from chronic pain. Amid the recent opioid epidemic, our physicians are, and have been, extremely conscious and vigilant about prescribing oral analgesics. They understand that pain medications are highly addictive and are diligent about monitoring their patients on a regular basis to ensure safety.
APMG prides itself on offering the newest and most efficient procedures in interventional pain management. Our physicians are some of the few who perform effective minimally invasive cutting-edge pain procedures such as: Vertiflex Superion Spinal Decompression, Dorsal Root Ganglion Stimulation, Spinal Cord Stimulation, PainTEQ for SI joint pain, Laser Discectomy, Kyphoplasty, in addition to innovative procedures such as Stem Cell Treatments and PRP Injections.
Other Multispecialties: Neurosurgery, Orthopedics (including total joints), and ENT (including pediatrics).
APMG NURSE MANAGER
***We are looking for 1 candidate that will oversee the following locations Beverly Hills, Encino, Thousand Oaks, West Hills, Westlake Village, Palmdale, Bakersfield, Santa Clarita, Long Beach*** Mileage reimbursement provided.
M-F 95% of the time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Direct and supervise the nursing and clinical staff of the designated Ambulatory Surgical Center(s) (APMG(s)) ensure the highest level of patient care is provided and that Company goals and objectives are met.
• Manage clinic operations of APMG facilities to ensure the corporate goals of service, associate engagement and patient experience are accomplished while maintaining a culture that focuses on quality medical care.
• Provide a high level of professional and clinical leadership, demonstrating clinical competence and expertise in clinical nursing.
• Mentor and guide clinical staff in all aspects of operations, policies, procedures and best practices.
• Create a learning environment by keeping updated with new developments in nursing by supporting and encouraging open discussion with staff.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
2. Direct and oversee day-to-day management of APMG facilities.
• Work with Dr. Johnson, Dr. Lala, and Director of Nursing to develop annual APMG budget and monitor adherence to such budget by identifying areas that are over budget and recommending cost-containment measures.
• Determines appropriate staffing levels to support services; reviews staffing levels on a regular basis.
• Develop and implement training for new staff and develop training for APMG staff when implementing new products and/or services.
• Build an effective team and evaluate employees, holding clinicians accountable to established Company standards of clinical practices and documentation.
• Provide support and supervision to the front-line staff where appropriate in order to assist them in their role.
• Maintain effective communication networks within the APMG and other departments throughout the APMGs and Company as a whole.
• Verifies that all equipment is maintained according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
3. Provides nursing experience and skills to promote and restore patients’ health by collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members, providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends and families, and team members.
• Direct, supervise and coordinate the clinical functions and activities of the APMG facilities including systems, policies, practices and innovations within nursing care.
• Ensure that each patient has daily individual and on-going assessment of need, ensuring planning, implementation and evaluation of care.
• Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
• Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
• Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
• Ensure compliance with legal and professional requirements in clinical practice and documentation.
• Ensure compliance of all staff with medication incident reporting procedures and facilitate learning of same.
• Participate in regular and formal staff meetings to discuss operations practice or clinic issues etc.
• Ensure that all procedures are carried out in accordance with the Ambulatory Surgical Center’s policies, procedures, guidelines and other legal, Joint Commission or other requirements.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Required:
Minimum 3 years of corresponding experience in management of ambulatory surgical center
Current active license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing or closely related health field from an accredited program.
Current certification in accordance with the American Heart Association's Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) Program.
A valid California Class C Driver's License and mode of transportation.
West Hills, California , 91307
Advanced Pain Medical Group
Sep 9th, 2020