Capital Staffing Solutions
Registered Nurse - Oncology
• Follows the nursing process to deliver safe, compassionate, and culturally effective care.
• Gathers and recognizes/synthesizes assessment data to determine the patient/family plan of care, pertinent data to be shared with care team, and tasks to be delegated.
• Recognizes and/or seeks resources to recognize clinical changes that are indicative of patient deterioration; utilizes the CAT team when appropriate.
• Collaborates with the patient, family and multidisciplinary team to coordinate all facets of patient care.
• Care is coordinated across the continuum – understands and utilizes case management resources.
• Recognizes and addresses situations which present ethical dilemmas and/or moral distress. Takes steps to actively address the situation. Seeks resources as needed to resolve the situation.
• Demonstrates competence in teaching patients/families and progresses to an expert educator of patients/families.
• Evaluates and documents the care provided on each assigned shift.
• Accountable for the rapid adoption and implementation of clinical practice changes into own practice.
• Documents the evaluation of nursing interventions and outcomes of nursing care utilizing hospital standards, policies and procedures.
• Consistently follows safe hand-off practices as defined in patient care standards and procedures.
• Effective verbal and nonverbal communication techniques and good listening skills are used to empathically communicate with patients/ families, and colleagues.
• Encourages patient/family self-advocacy.
• Actively participates in interdisciplinary patient care rounds and/or meetings and makes recommendations to the plan of care that reflect nursing goals, interventions, and expected outcomes. Revises the plan of care according to the patient care decisions made on rounds.
• Incorporates evidence based practice into direct clinical care in collaboration with other members of the multidisciplinary team.
• Develops and implements effective partnerships with members of the ancillary staff; delegates tasks effectively to assure comprehensive nursing care is provided.
• Develops and sustains professional, well- boundary, therapeutic relationships with patients and families in which all actions are in the best interest of the patient and family and there is no personal gain at the patient/families expense.
• Models appearance and behaviors that promote a positive image of professional nursing.
• Expands clinical judgment and critical thinking skills with increased experience
• Practices within a shared decision making environment. Familiar with and participates in Shared Governance council activities at the unit and/or department level. Progresses to leading council activities at the unit and/or department levels.
• Well informed about the Professional Advancement Program (PEAK) and considers the opportunity to participate.
• Demonstrates healthcare informatics competency to manage patient care, outcome data, and current and emerging healthcare technology.
• Understands nursing sensitive outcomes and knows how to navigate the nursing scorecard. Participates and/or leads improvement initiatives to improve outcomes.
• Basic use of a computer (mouse, keyboard, printer, USB ports).
• Basic use of Microsoft Office (Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and Skype).
• Web browsing, intranet search, document access.
• Use of shared network file space.
• Basic use of patient facing technology. (e.g. IV pumps, point of care devices, CR monitors).
• Navigation and use of clinical communication systems.
• Determines the nature and extent of clinical information needed and uses the appropriate technology to access it.
• Accesses needed information effectively and efficiently.
• Evaluates information and its sources critically and appropriately incorporates it into clinical practice.
• Evaluates outcomes of the use of information.
Information Management Literacy
• Navigation of the electronic health record system.
• Ability to locate and review specific patient data in various clinical information systems.
• Effectively uses clinical decision support tools.
• Understands policies and procedures, confidentiality, security, and privacy regulations regarding the use of clinical information systems.
• Ability to collect clinical data using quality improvement tools.
trustaff Travel Nursing
American Mobile Healthcare
No problem! Register now to gain access to our entire job board.