Services will be scheduled between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with a thirty minute unpaid lunch period, excluding Federal holidays.
Provision of professional Level I Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) services to the inmate population, as follows:
(1) Evaluate patients and provision of therapeutic treatment as ordered by Health Services clinical staff.
(2) Administrates medications as prescribed or ordered for the patients, including immunizing agents and perform skin testing. A LPN may perform venipuncture and administer and withdraw intravenous fluids as long as the LPN has met the education and training requirements for Peripheral IV therapy, except for
administration of Antineoplastic agents, medications requiring titration, or administering medication via push or bolus route in accordance with Pennsylvania's Subchapter B. for Practical Nurses
(3) Counseling patients as needed under the direction of mid-level provider and/or supervising physician.
(4) Securing a health history from the inmate patient and recording findings in the bureau electronic medical record (BEMR).
(5) Recording diagnostic testing, i.e., venipuncture for laboratory studies, visual acuity testing, electrocardiogram (EKG), per instructions from the health care providers (Mid-Level Practitioner, or Physician).
(6) Assist the Physician and Mid-Level Practitioners in the management and oversight of chronic care clinics. Possess basic knowledge of treatment of chronic health problems such as hypertension, diabetes, asthma.
(7) Review clinical records to ensure data is entered legibly and in the appropriate section of medical record.
(8) LPN should have knowledge of optometry to screen for distance and near vision, and color blindness.
(9) The LPN will have the ability and skill to operate EKG, Clinitek equipment, and other CLIA waived laboratory equipment.
(10) The LPN will have the ability to provide basic first aid, CPR, and preventive care guidance in treating a variety common illness/injuries.
(11) The LPN will log inmates' arrivals and departures to the department, and monitor the patients flow in and out of the department.
(12) Carry out Physician and other Practitioner(s) orders according to the condition of the patient; to include observation, reporting, and recording patient condition(s) and vital signs in BEMR (Bureau Electronic Medical Record), and assisting with scheduling and triage of patients reporting to triage/sick call.
collecting and aggregating data.
(14) The LPN will demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients in their care.
(15) The LPN will be responsible for entries in BEMR (Bureau Electronic Medical Record) for scheduled patients for the day, ensuring appropriate documentation in the medical.
(16) The LPN will obtain pertinent medical record information from the BEMR (Bureau Electronic Medical Record) and prepare the information in an organized manner for Physicians, other Practitioners, and Consultants (both internal and external) to review when examinations are scheduled.
Shall have the ability to read, understand, count, fluently speak, and legibly write the English language.
Education and Qualifications
The contractor's employee must have graduated from an accredited school or training program
for Licensed Practical Nursing and maintain current Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
certification in accordance with the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association.
Contractor must submit with their quota-tion, resumes, copies of current certification/licensing
and other credentials as in accordance with all federal, state, and local requirements. The contractor's employees must be registered/licensed with the proper authorities to practice in any state in the United States. A minimum of 6 months of experience is require.
Allenwood, Pennsylvania , 17810
New Wave People Inc.
Aug 21st, 2019