The nurse manager of Behavioral Health provides clinical and administrative leadership and expertise within the Behavioral Health Unit under the direction of the Behavioral Health Director and is responsible for the implementation of the vision, mission, plans, and standards of the organization and nursing services.
The Behavioral Health Manager is responsible for planning, organization and administration of clinical services to include staffing, training and development, communications and documentation to maintain quality patient care standards and advise medical staff, department heads, and the administrator in matters related to the clinical services offered in the area directed.
This role is a unique role designed to ensure the Behavioral Health Unit has consistent leadership of a trained and experienced psychiatric/mental health Registered Nurse (RN). The Behavioral Health Manager works closely with the Behavioral Health Director and Behavioral Health Medical Director who ultimately oversees the program to assure Behavioral Health Unit services are delivered safely, and that the program complies with regulatory statutes.
• Minimum of a baccalaureate degree in nursing or
• A bachelor’s degree in psychology or
• Be actively enrolled in either of the above programs within 6 months of hire.
• 3 years’ experience in a related clinical practice
• 1 year in a clinical leadership role preferred
• Current/Active Iowa RN Licensure or equivalent
• Current BLS
• Psychiatric Nurse Certification Preferred