NYC Health + Hospitals/Gouverneur provides primary and specialty outpatient care through its Diagnostic and Treatment Center (D&TC) and residential care for the elderly and infirmed in its 295-bed Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF). Gouverneur recently completed a $250 million modernization project to offer enhanced, cutting edge healthcare services in a state of the art space. NYC Health + Hospitals/Gotham, Gouverneur’s D&TC is the largest freestanding D&TC in New York, providing more than 250,000 visits per year on the Lower East Side. Gotham, Gouverneur provides a comprehensive array of on-site services, including primary care, pediatrics, women’s health, dentistry, behavioral health, podiatry, optometry, ENT, digital imaging, infectious disease, and other specialties and sub-specialties. NYC Health + Hospitals/Gouverneur Skilled Nursing Facility provides 24-hour care for individuals in need of short-term, long-term care or hospice care. The facility is rated as a Best Nursing Home by US News and World Report. Post-Acute Care services include physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech and audiology, and vocational rehabilitation.
Under supervision, provides professional nursing care to patients/clients within an assigned unit. Diagnoses and treats responses to actual or potential health problems by means of nursing methods and techniques such as case-finding, health teaching, health counseling and the provision of care supportive to and restorative of life and well-being.
1. Plans, implement and evaluates nursing care utilizing the nursing process.
2. Formulates and implements comprehensive and nursing care plan. Sets priorities, delivers and directs care to meet resident needs.
3. Evaluates residents' responses and makes appropriate changes on the care plan, on an on-going basis. Maintains accurate documentation as described in policies and procedures.
4. Collaborates with other members of interdisciplinary team in the care of residents, including the resident, family, and/or significant other's. Discuss education and discharge planning issues as they arise.
5. Transcribes physician's order and administers medication/treatment as defined in all policies.
6. Assume charge nurse responsibilities as assigned.
7. Maintains professional competence through participation in continuing education and other appropriate learning experiences. Attend all mandatory classess and participate in the orientation/training staff.
8. Demonstrates safety awareness and follows protocols for fire, disaster, infection controll and other safety practices.
9. Pariticpate in performance improvement activities and other committees as assigned.
10. Performs other related duties.
11. Supervises and directs Licensed Practical Nurse, Medical Surgical Technician, Certified Nurses Aide or other allied nursing personnel concerning the care of residents.
1. Licensed and currently registered or otherwise duly authorized to practice as a Professional Nurse in New York State; and,
2. Demonstrated commitment to continued professional development.
3. BCLS certification required.
4. Ability to plan, problem solve, make decisions, set priorities and take appropriate actions.
New York, New York
NYC Health + Hospitals
Mar 24th, 2020