Live your passions. Join a powerful group of dedicated professionals who are deeply committed to fighting for reproductive rights and care no matter what. Join the Planned Parenthood Patient Services team.
Planned Parenthood of Southwest & Central Florida is looking for the right candidate to fill the role of Full Time- Registered Nurse for our East Orlando Health Center and for our Ft. Myers Florida.
Must be willing to advocate for the mission of Planned Parenthood and be dedicated to providing excellent customer service to both internal and external clients. Demonstrates understanding of and a strong commitment to reproductive rights and the goals, principles and philosophies of PPSWCF.
PPSWCF is committed to an anti-racist culture and believe that the way to create a culture of solidarity, our efforts need to be embedded and embraced by all staff similar to our workplace values and service standards.
Under the supervision of a physician, is responsible for providing nursing care to clients with quality assurance as outlined in PPSWCF Medical Standards & Guidelines. Provides health care information and services to women in an effective, efficient, and nonjudgmental manner. Participates in abortion services.
· Assists physician with surgical procedures, to include colposcopies, LEEPs, and abortions.
· Responsible for providing and overseeing care in recovery room of abortion health centers.
· Assists with emergency care and maintains integrity of emergency equipment.
· Initiates IV access.
· Administers prescribed medications per standing, written, and verbal orders, including IV/moderate sedation. Monitors and reports patient responses so that their health needs are met.
· Monitors, records, and interprets patients’ responses to medical procedures so that their physical and emotional needs are met and documented.
· Prepares and instructs patients with necessary information so that understanding and compliance with their procedure and prescribed care is facilitated.
· Collaborates with staff regarding patient flow, as necessary for the health center.
· Prepares health center areas to facilitate safe and efficient working conditions.
· Adheres to affiliate workplace values, service standards, and service recovery.
· Participates in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue goals.
· Participates in health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity.
· Remain up-to-date in all PPFA/PPSWCF required training(s); familiarity and competency in utilizing the CAL (Center for Affiliate Learning).
· Performs other duties as needed or directed by Nurse Director, AB Services, MD, or Health Center Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
· Must comply with licensure requirements for practice capacity and have current license in Florida.
· ACLS and BLS (Healthcare Provider CPR) certification.
· Basic Skills/Knowledge: Must be committed to quality medical care, informed consent and confidentiality. Must be sensitive to individual client needs and problems.
· Understanding of and strong personal commitment to reproductive rights, as well as goals and philosophies of Planned Parenthood.
· Language Skills: Accuracy in verbal and written communications. Bilingual Spanish or Creole desirable.
· Equipment/Machine use: Medical and office equipment as appropriate.
· Location/Travel/Physical: Reliable transportation to and from work. Occasional in-state vehicle travel. Ability to climb stairs and lift up to 50 pounds required.
Planned Parenthood of Southwest & Central Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida is a Non-Smoking Employer
Planned Parent of Southwest and Central Florida
Mar 29th, 2021