Valle Verde Retirement Community, part of the HumanGood organization, California’s largest nonprofit provider of senior housing and services and one of the largest in the nation. We are located in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA on 60+ acres and are proud of our 5 Star Rating!
Our culture is unique thanks to person-directed principles and practices throughout campus, reciprocal relationships between team members and residents, and the culture of partnership and service.
The Director of Nursing (DON) has the opportunity to create and facilitate well-being for all residents who require skilled nursing care, regardless of their abilities or diagnosis. The DON fosters and cultivates a sense of community among all residents and team members by embracing a person-directed care philosophy. Decisions should be person-directed/resident-driven, and based both on residents' expressed and unmet needs. The DON will strive to create an environment which stimulates each resident to reach their highest potential.
The DON will provide leadership as well as planning, directing, organizing and evaluating nursing services to meet or exceed needs of all residents. In partnership with other departments, the DON operates a nursing home that is in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
The Director of Nursing at Valle Verde will be involved in a culture change transformation that empowers residents and care givers to express choice and practice self-determination in meaningful ways at every level of daily life.
Essential Job Duties Include:
• The DON will oversee the well-being and smooth operations for 70-bed health center, comprised of short-term rehab and long term residents.
• Must possess the knowledge and sensitivity in meeting the needs of the residents by ensuring exceptional person-directed care is provided.
• Will be able to demonstrate strong clinical knowledge; the ability to promote excellence in nursing care; and provide leadership to a highly competent nursing team.
• Will demonstrate positive, caring and effective communications- both verbally and by example.
• Will lead the health care inter-disciplinary team with strong commitment to the vision, values and mission of the organization.
• Promote culture of attitude, behavior and commitments enabling the team to provide extraordinary service and positive experiences to our residents, team members and guests.
• Ability to manage details, budgets, staffing and lead team through successful annual surveys.
• Possess thorough knowledge of Title 22 and OBRA and nursing practices
• Bachelor and RN required as well as a minimum 5 years prior related management experience, with at least 2 years in long term nursing care and supervisory experience.
• Experienced in culture change preferred.
• Knowledge and experienced in electronic medical record documentation; timekeeping systems; MS Office
• Knowledge of personnel practices and successfully lead, mentor and empower their care teams
• Able to effectively communicate with residents, their families, care teams and other management team leaders
Santa Barbara , California , 93190
DOE- Excellent benefits and 19 PTO days and 8 Holidays!
Oct 9th, 2017