The LPN functions as a member of the health care team by exercising sound nursing judgment based on preparation, knowledge, skills and experience in nursing situations. The work includes participating, implementing and evaluating nursing care in all settings. The work is performed under the supervision of the Nurse Manager.
The following examples are intended only as illustrations of various types of work performed in position. No attempt is made to be exhaustive; related similar, or other logical duties are performed as assigned.
· Administers medications and treatments.
· Takes and records vital signs.
· Dresses wounds, applies compresses and ice bags.
· Catheterizations and catheter care.
· Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment and examination of patients.
· Assist with rehabilitation of clients.
· Charts on current client's charts.
· Requisitions lab work.
· Notes and carries out physician's orders.
· Requisitions drugs and supplies.
· Gives direct care to clients when necessary.
· Helps to develop a patient care plan.
· Administers decubiti care.
· Other duties as directed by Nurse Manager, Assistant Executive Director, and Executive Director.
· Checks all supplies and equipment
· Other duties as assigned
2 years’ experience in ICF/IDD setting. Valid Louisiana License as a Practical Nurse.
Related keywords: lpn, licensed practical nurse, lpn nurse
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Free parking
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
2 years’ experience in ICF/IDD setting. Valid Louisiana License as a Registered Nurse or a Practical Nursing.