Camp Mindy at the Levine Jewish Community Center is looking for a Camp Nurse for the summer. Hours are 8:00am-5:00pm M-F. Camp Dates are June 15-August 7 (possibility of a permanent, year round, salaried position).
20-30 pre-camp hours are required. Camp Nurse will provide medical care to campers and also have a variety of other duties: maintaining the cleanliness of the health room, checking files to make sure immunizations are up to date, cataloging camper allergies, ordering supplies, administering medications, maintaining medical logs, daily camper wellness checks, keeping track of patients after visit, observing campers to ensure optimum health and safety levels, and maintaining first-aid kits.
• Be able to practice in the State of North Carolina
• Pediatric or camp experience, a plus
• Ability to manage health forms and paperwork
• Enjoy working with kids aged 5 -15 years
• Hard-working, enthusiastic and committed to the safety and well-being of campers
• Adaptable and comfortable living in a camp setting and interacting positively with other
• Good communicator with campers, staff and parents.
• Friendly, happy, with a good sense of humor (laughter can be the best medicine)!
• Ability to originate, update, and/or monitor healthcare, maintain records, implement a health plan
• Ability to make decisions and take initiative
Charlotte, North Carolina , 28226
Camp Mindy at the Levine Jewish Community Center
May 1st, 2020