The Staff Nurse III is a Registered Nurse (RN) who provides nursing care to patients in an organized, effective manner. The Staff Nurse III embodies the behaviors associated with the Leadership, Art and Science of Nursing (identified in Duties and Responsibilities) at the Proficient level. The Staff Nurse III practices Relationship Centered Care in concert with The Methodist Hospital values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence, as well as the ServicePride standards. Different specialties may require additional and more specific experienced.
- Demonstrates critical thinking, creativity, and versatility in problem solving and handling complex situations.
- Maintains knowledge of the patient's condition and knows when to negotiate a change in the plan of care with the physician and other members of the care team.
- Provides patient education regarding disease process and involves patient as well as family/significant other, when appropriate, in decision-making process.
- Nurse functions as a transitional unit Clinical Leader.
- Assumes an advanced leadership role in analyzing systems and processes to anticipate/reduce risk and improve patient safety and quality care outcomes.
- Liaison between the Physician and clinical staff regarding the execution of quality patient care outcomes.
- Handle incoming calls regarding various procedures and care plans.
- Assesses patient progress, collaborating with other nursing staff when needed, in accordance with the nursing process and established plan of care.
- Acts as a patient advocate in coordinating with the interdisciplinary team to facilitate holistic and goal-oriented approach to care across the continuum that meets the patient's physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
- Calmly manages all, including the most complex, clinical and interpersonal situations.
- Seeks feedback to gain insight into performance, interpersonal behaviors and incorporates feedback to improve performance.
- Accountable for own on-going professional growth and development.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of patients, employees, and hospital information at all times.
- Follows work attendance policies; maintains consistent attendance with no unexcused
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates ICARE Values
- Follows all safety rules while on the job
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing with current Texas licensure.
- At least five years RN experience.
- B.S.N. required
Minimum of five years of nursing experience required.
Different specialties may require additional experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Current license to practice as an RN in the State of Texas required.
Basic CPR certification required.
The Woodlands, Texas , 77385
Starting at $31.25 DOE
Houston Methodist Hospital
Dec 23rd, 2019