ABOUT THE POSITION: Genstler Eye Center is seeking a full-time Director of Perioperative Services for our on-site Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC). An ideal candidate will have significant operations management experience, a strong understanding of skilled nursing standards of care, and federal and state regulatory requirements. Candidates must also demonstrate a high level of professionalism, excellent communication skills, and compassionate leadership qualities. Candidates must be able to think critically, adapt quickly to new situations and be skilled at directing and maintaining a fast-paced surgical setting. We enjoy a professional collegial work environment with no call or weekend requirements, and offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including paid leave, sick leave, and comprehensive health insurance.
ABOUT US: Genstler Eye Center is a thriving MD/OD practice that provides a mix of cataract care, general and complex medical ophthalmology, and vision care to our community. In addition to our in-house Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC), we have a full-service medical and vision clinic, a large retail optical store and a hearing health center. We are widely known as the premier eye care provider in our area and have had the privilege of serving our community in this capacity for over thirty years. Our practice provides superior medical, vision, and surgical eye care delivered in a spirit of compassion and respect. Our core values of respect for each other & our patients, service to those we come in contact with, and excellence in all we do is reflected in our patient outcomes.
OUR LOCATION: Genstler Eye Center is centrally located in the vibrant and growing town of Albany, nestled in the heart of Oregon’s beautiful Willamette Valley. We are within easy driving distance to the Pacific Ocean, the Cascade Mountain Range, Columbia River Gorge activities, snow skiing, and Portland city life, etc. Albany and its surrounds offer a broad range of recreational opportunities such as natural wildlife refuges, hiking, cycling, mountain biking, hunting & fishing, and bird watching. Education opportunities include Oregon State University which is just a short 20-minute drive away. Our community has a strong focus on industry, health-care, agriculture, and technology and we are one of the highest patent-producing regions in the nation. Our practice is conveniently located just 3 minutes off Interstate-5 for quick and easy North/South access.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: Successful management and operation of the Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) by providing physicians and staff with the resources and leadership necessary to meet the surgical needs of patients as well as meet the growth and financial objectives of the practice.
- The new Director of Perioperative services will be responsible for managing and growing a robust surgical team and schedule, and ensuring the smooth-functioning of the ASC at all times
- The successful candidate will have a record of leadership in the development of excellent clinical services, expertise in the management of surgical procedures and streamlined surgical flow, comprehensive understanding of all aspects of surgical scheduling, and excellence in mentoring and team development.
- The successful candidate will also have a dynamic personality, outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated commitment to our core values of individualized service through superior care.
- Robust administrative skills, a strong grasp of regulatory requirements, solid fiscal understanding and well-rounded management experience will also be substantial factors in candidate success.
- Unencumbered Oregon Nursing License.
- CNOR certification strongly preferred
- Additional education preferred, such as: Master’s of Health Administration (MHA) or a Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) in healthcare management or similar, and/or further relevant training or certifications. Robust surgical management experience will also be considered.
- Minimum five years of professional experience as a licensed registered nurse in a hospital or ASC based surgical setting.
- Ophthalmology surgical experience preferred.
Albany, Oregon , 97322
Genstler Eye Center
Aug 19th, 2021