Iona Senior Services
Adult Day Health Center Clinical Nurse Manager
Iona is pleased to announce that we are hiring a full-time Clinical Nurse Manager for Iona’s Washington Home adult day center in Congress Heights, DC. Located on the lower floor of The Shops at Park Village, Iona’s new state-of-the-art center serves older adults with dementia and/or physical challenges who can benefit from being a part of a warm and welcoming community and a robust day of programming and nursing support, allowing them to continue living at home while giving family members much needed respite.
The center is open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm in the winter. Hours are extended to 5:00 pm in the spring and summer.
Iona is a warm and collegial workplace that promotes excellence in client services and is committed to diversity, inclusion, and the professional growth of employees.
The Clinical Nurse Manager is responsible for providing direct care, management and development of nursing personnel and evaluation of care and services to participants. This includes, but is not limited to, health and wellness education and practice for participants, caregivers, and staff.
1. Care Planning for the Participants:
• Assessment and monitoring of each participant's status and needs utilizing data collected from the participant, caregivers, and members of the interdisciplinary team, health care providers and medical records
• Development and implement a person-centered plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes
• Evaluation of the participant's progress toward attainment of person-centered outcomes
2. Responsibility to Participants:
• Initiate the nursing assessment and nursing portion of the person-centered care plan
• Oversee that the day-to-day and overall care of participants are appropriate and in compliance with Congress Heights Center policies, and Medicaid and District regulations
• Be available and intervene with difficult participants when needed
• Administer medications and treatments per physician's order
• Ensure that participants' files are complete on admission and updated as required
• Develop programs that can be therapeutic for the participants
• Monitor and communicate dietary needs/changes and observe participants during dining period for safety issues
3. Responsibility to the Staff:
• Orient, supervise and train health aides and nursing students to their duties, clinical policies and procedures and requirements of the Congress Heights Center
• Plan in-service and clinical staff meetings
• Participate in multi-disciplinary care plan meetings
• Complete PPD on new staff as needed and maintain a PPD roster
• Communicate with staff regarding care of participants as events or changes occur
4. Responsibility to the Program:
• Attend required trainings
• Develop/update Policies and Procedures as needed and at least annually
• Document monthly health note for each participant
• Provide bimonthly therapeutic programs on health issues for the participants
• Order Congress Heights Center nursing / medical supplies monthly
• Maintain logs and surveys as indicated (medication, AED, First Aid Supplies, etc.)
• Participation in assuring that program meets all Medicaid, Veterans Administration and DC Department of Aging and Community Living requirements and assist with on-site annual reviews
• Plan and conduct health and wellness presentations to Iona’s Washington Home Center staff and community as needed
5. Responsibility to the Family:
• Provide support and education to families individually as needed
• Maintain contact with participant's Primary Care Provider regarding changes in their condition, adjustments of medications and need for additional services
• Assist family to take part in care plan and updates; communicate changes and need for follow-up with family
6. Other Responsibilities:
• Network with other adult day health centers and referral resources
• Other duties as assigned
Iona Senior Services, an equal opportunity employer, is committed to diversity within its staff, and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Samaritan Inns, Inc.
No problem! Register now to gain access to our entire job board.