Position Status: Full time Paid Position
Responsible for assessing the patient’s needs, developing a plan of care, implementing the plan and evaluating and adjusting the plan as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assess patient’s nursing needs.
· Develop nursing care plan.
· Provide assessed nursing care needs to patient.
· Monitor patient progress.
· Record patient progress.
· May assist with examinations and procedures.
· Administer medications as prescribed by physician.
· Train others in safely administering medications as prescribed by physicians.
· May perform procedures such as dressing wounds, etc.
· May provide emergency care for patients.
· Coordinate patient care with care team, outside providers and agencies, and family members.
· Provide health education, including self-care and wellness issues, to patients and their families.
· Coordinate outside training for CPR and First Aid Response for others on agency.
· Serve as an advocate on behalf of patients.
· Supervise the maintenance of current health, medical and insurance records on each resident.
· Maintain current MN registration/certification and CPR/first aid training and meet yearly CEU requirements as needed.
· Follow agency policy and remain compliant with DHS licensing standards.
· Inform appropriate management of pertinent medical findings and recommendations for follow-up up with outside agencies
· Schedule routine physicals, medical and dental exams as needed; may accompany resident on appointments.
· Promote personal safety and a safe environment for participants and co-workers.
· Perform duties in accordance with agency policies, procedures, and professional and community standards.
· May supervise other nursing staff.
· May perform management duties such as scheduling staff and ordering equipment/supplies.
· May plan and coordinate community programs to promote health.
· Assure program participant privacy is maintained by being knowledgeable and following HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
· Work as many hours as needed to complete the job.
· Other duties as assigned.
Volunteers of America Minnesota is a nonprofit health and human services organization that annually serves more than 25,000 children, adolescents and their families, older adults, students, persons with disabilities and special needs, and adults completing incarceration. Since 1896, we have helped people gain self-reliance, dignity and hope
Bar None Residential Treatment offers a variety of residential treatment and aftercare services, as well as evaluation and stabilization options, for at-risk youth who exhibit emotional and behavioral problems. Our goal is to assist program participants in gaining the skills necessary to improve their quality of life, the lives of those around them, and to succeed as adults.
If interested, apply directly at http://www.voamnwi.org
Click Careers – click View Opportunities
· Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Minnesota
· Minimum of one (1) year of nursing experience.
· Experience in working with identified program participants
· Demonstrated competency working with program participants/residents.
· A valid drivers’ license and a good driving record.
· Organizational and time management skills.
· Computer basics.
· CPR certified.
Anoka, Minnesota , 55303
Paid position w/ comprehensive benefit package
Volunteers of America - Minnesota
Sep 28th, 2017