The Medical Assistant will be under the supervision of the Clinic Director, is responsible for assisting in the delivery of health care and patient care management.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Performs selected nursing and administrative duties, and assists physicians as required
• Prepares patients for examination and treatment by escorting them from the waiting area to the exam room and taking histories and vital signs
• Prepares, cleans and maintains exam and treatment rooms
• Gives injections, assists with EKGs, Point of Care testing, OB exams and provides other patient care services as directed
• Maintains Patient Drug Assistance Program medication records, administers medication upon physician order and phones in pharmacy orders as requested
• Prepares and maintains clinical supplies and equipment
• Assists with answering the telephone, providing information as requested and screening calls
• Assists with scheduling tests and treatments for patients
• Contribute to the development of policies and procedures as needed
• Creates, maintains, manages, patient’s medical records and other information as needed
• Compiles and condenses technical and statistical data for reports and records
• Maintains strict confidentiality
• Treats staff, physicians, visitors and patients with love, dignity, and respect
• Performs other related work as required
The position requires the ability to work under pressure and with a diverse population, including staff, physicians, clients, patients, and other members of the public on a regular basis. The position may cause frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
Catholic Charities is a ministry of the Catholic Diocese of Arlington operating under the auspices of its Bishop. Employees serve as representatives of the agency during their employment and as such are expected to adhere to and follow the moral teachings and religious doctrines of the Catholic Faith.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Education/training: High school graduate or GED and current certification if applicable
Experience: One year of medical experience in a physician’s office or equivalent combination of training and experience
• Fluent in English and Spanish both speaking and writing
• Knowledge of medical practice and care
• Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment procedures
• Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions
• Ability to teach classes to patients
• Ability to assist in a variety of treatments and medications
• Ability to take vital signs
• Ability to maintain records and record test results
• Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
• Ability to use good reasoning and judgment and react calmly in emergency situations
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, coworkers and the public
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Ability to scribe for medical providers
• Extensive knowledge in the operation of a computer
• Experience with using an Electronic Medical Record, preferably AthenaNet
• Skill in developing and maintaining clinical quality assurance
• Skill in identifying and resolving problems
• Stand for extended periods of time; push, pull and reach; occasionally bend, sit, stoop and stretch
• Have the hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity needed to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, medical equipment, and give an injection
• Occasionally lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
• Maintain professional certification
Note: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Woodbridge, Virginia , 20110
Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Arlington
Oct 9th, 2020