NYC Health + Hospitals/Gouverneur provides primary and specialty outpatient care through its Diagnostic and Treatment Center (D&TC) and residential care for the elderly and infirmed in its 295-bed Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF). Gouverneur recently completed a $250 million modernization project to offer enhanced, cutting edge healthcare services in a state of the art space. NYC Health + Hospitals/Gotham, Gouverneur’s D&TC is the largest freestanding D&TC in New York, providing more than 250,000 visits per year on the Lower East Side. Gotham, Gouverneur provides a comprehensive array of on-site services, including primary care, pediatrics, women’s health, dentistry, behavioral health, podiatry, optometry, ENT, digital imaging, infectious disease, and other specialties and sub-specialties. NYC Health + Hospitals/Gouverneur Skilled Nursing Facility provides 24-hour care for individuals in need of short-term, long-term care or hospice care. The facility is rated as a Best Nursing Home by US News and World Report. Post-Acute Care services include physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech and audiology, and vocational rehabilitation.
Access, interview and evaluate resident's customary routines and clinical condition upon admission according to the Resident Assessment and Care planning protocol.
Determine eligibility for Medicare coverage based on resident's level of care and qualifying hospital stay.
Responsible for the notification of Medicare coverage to appropriate departments.
Responsible for notification to residents and family for periods of non-coverage per Medicare regulations.
Oversee timely physician certification of resident's skilled need as per Medicare rules and regulations.
Ongoing collaboration of resident information regarding resident's third party coverage eligibility status with Patient Accounts.
Determine Resident Medicare RUG score and level of skilled need and submits to Patient Accounts in a timely manner for billing purposes.
Responsible for the distribution of information concerning completion time frame for all MDS 3.0 data
Responsible for the review of the MDS for completeness and appropriate documentation by all disciplies within the given time frames.
And other related duties
1. Licensed and currently registered to practice as a Professional Nurse in New York State; and,
2. Demonstrated competence as a Nursing Practitioner; and,
3. Demonstrated commitment to continued professional development; and,
4. One year of experience as a Professional Nurse; and,
5. Enrollment in a Baccalaureate Degree program in Nursing, having attained at least thirty credits toward a Baccalaureate Degree; or,
6. A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
7. BCLS certification required.
8. Demonstrated competency in verbal and written communication.
9. Ability to plan, problem solve, make decisions, set priorities and take appropriate actions.
New York, New York
NYC Health + Hospitals
Jul 29th, 2020