Edgerton Care Center is a 61 bed skilled nursing facility offering short-term rehabilitation and long-term care. We have a reputation for providing quality care to seniors in Edgerton, Rock County and surrounding communities.
Join our team and work for a purpose. As a non-profit senior living community we are mission-driven, not profit-driven. We focus on quality care that best serves our patients and residents. We also reinvest in our facility to continue to offer the very best care and resident experience.
We currently have an opening for a Full-Time Director of Nursing (DON) with current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
We Offer a Competitive Wage and Benefits to Eligible Employees that Include:
Insurance (health, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, accident)
- 401k (with company match)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Paid Time Off
- Mindfulness programs that support our employees with work/life balance
The Director of Nursing is responsible for leading, planning, organizing, staffing, directing, analyzing and evaluating the nursing services of the department, as well as supervising members of the nurse management team and others as assigned, in order to provide effective nursing services that meet practice and quality standards. The Director of Nursing assumes the charge responsibilities for the facility in the absence of the Administrator and available to work the floor when needed.
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse, which must be in good standing
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills that promote effective communication with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the general public.
- CPR certified
- Two years of RN Supervisor experience with at least 1 year in long term care experience
- Must be literate and possess excellent written and verbal
- Previous nursing management, Assistant Director of Nursing or Director
of Nursing experience desirable.
- Participates in professional organizations.
Cognitive or Mental Requirements:-
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions. Must be able
to plan, implement, evaluate, delegate, and collaborate effectively.
- Must have critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively prioritize
Level of Supervision:
- Direct Supervision: Members of the nurse management team and
others as assigned.
- Indirect Supervision: RN’s, LPN’s, NAR/CNA’s, MDS Coordinator and
others as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Job, Departmental Expectations:
1. Clinical. Provides administrative and clinical leadership for nursing staff to promote the delivery of quality care. Maintains knowledge base of current standards of nursing practice. Develops and revises nursing policies and procedures.
2. Financial. Develops, revises, monitors and implements the nursing department budget to promote appropriate utilization of resources. Oversees and adjusts the staffing hours based on acuity, census, and established staffing patterns. Oversees the approvals staff timecards and LOA’s.
3. Staffing. Directs the hiring process of nursing personnel. Directs the hiring, evaluation, counseling, and termination of nursing department employees.
4. Staff Development. Collaborates with staff development and ensures that a staff development program is in place to meet regulatory clinical and staff needs.
5. Quality Improvement. Fosters a culture of continuous quality improvement. Develops, implements, and evaluates the nursing department quality assurance program. This includes patient, family and staff satisfaction; safety and risk management; and strategic planning.
6. Regulatory. Develops and maintains policies and procedures to promote compliance with all state and federal regulations and nursing standards. Stays current with upcoming regulatory changes.
7. Liaison. Serves as a nursing liaison with other departments, Medical Director and residents/families. Serves as a liaison with the Wisconsin Illinois Senior Housing Inc, community groups, general public, and other health care providers.
8. Other duties: Completes all other duties as assigned.
Essential Behaviors of the Employee:
It is the expectation that the employee complies with applicable standards of behavior and conduct, including but not limited to, standards of conduct, customer services standards, and professional code of ethics.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- long term care: 1 year (Required)
- RN Supervisor: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (Required)
Edgerton, Wisconsin , 53534
Carriage Healthcare Companies, Inc.
Nov 20th, 2020