The Nurse will be under the supervision of the Clinic Director. The Nurse is responsible for assisting in volunteer coordination, the delivery of healthcare, and patient care management.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Manage all clinic operations when clinic director is not available
• Treats staff, volunteers, visitors and patients with love, dignity, and respect
• Coordinate clinical volunteers to assure all clinic hours are staffed with medical providers, nurses, and interpreters
• Coordinate and facilitate volunteer orientation and training sessions
• Coordinate medical provider schedules on AthenaNet (Electronic Medical Record)
• Anticipate and proactively plan education sessions depending on patients’ needs
• Analyze data on AthenaNet and ensure completion of referrals as ordered
• Manage inventory of medical supplies and order supplies as needed
• Excel in organizational skills and multitasks as needed
• Flexible to change and able to adapt to change quickly
• Manage the documentation and organization of all patient’s medical records
• Perform selected nursing and administrative duties, and assist physicians as required
• Prepare, clean, and maintain exam and treatment rooms
• Give injections, assist with EKGs, Point of Care testing, OB exams and provide other patient care services as needed
• Maintain Patient Drug Assistance Program medication records, administers medication upon physician order and phone in pharmacy orders as requested
• Assist with answering the telephone, providing information as requested and screening calls
• Contribute to the development of policies and procedures as needed
• Compile and condense technical and statistical data for reports and records
• Maintains strict confidentiality
• Performs other related tasks as required
• Document all care performed and all patient cases on patients on AthenaNet
• Send reports for all mandatory reporting diseases to the Health Department
• Update SignUp Genius for nurses and clinical students each month
• Update clinical Excel spreadsheets and reports
• Enter patient data such as EKGs, Ultrasounds, and NSTS to patient’s chart on AthenaNet
• Make patient calls and inform patients of appointments, lab results, and referrals.
• Perform OB intakes on all new OB patients and go over patient contracts
• Schedule appointments for patients with specialty referrals and inform patients
• Assist patients with clinical paperwork
• Coordinate volunteers and assign them relevant tasks
The position requires the ability to work under pressure and with a diverse population, including staff, physicians, clients, patients, and other members of the public on a regular basis. The position may cause frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
Catholic Charities is a ministry of the Catholic Diocese of Arlington operating under the auspices of its Bishop. Employees serve as representatives of the agency during their employment and as such are expected to adhere to and follow the moral teachings and religious doctrines of the Catholic Faith.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status
Active Virginia License as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse Experience: Two or more years of clinical experience, obstetrics experience is a plus and a current certification in BLS.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Spanish Fluency is preferred, but not required
• Comfortable with multitasking and supervision
• Proven interpersonal and communication skills
• Extensive knowledge in Excel, Word and an EMR, preferably AthenaNet
• Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments, EKGs, POC testing, etc.
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions
• Ability to teach patient classes, in both English and Spanish
• Ability to write, interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
• Ability to use good reasoning and judgment and react calmly in emergency situations
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with volunteers, patients, staff, and the public
• Skill in developing and maintaining clinical quality assurance
• Skill in identifying and resolving problems
• Stand for extended periods of time; push, pull and reach; occasionally bend, sit, stoop and stretch
• Have the hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity needed to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, medical equipment, and give an injection
• Occasionally lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
• Maintain professional certification
Note: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Mannassas, Virginia , 20110
Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Arlington
Oct 9th, 2020