We are seeking an experienced Healthcare Administrator to join a dynamic Facility Management team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world leading organization that provides diversified services to government agencies around the globe. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a network of career opportunities.
Healthcare Administrator – Health Services Administrator – Health Administration –Management
As a Healthcare Administrator you will manage and evaluate all facility health service activities based on company, contractual, and healthcare policies and procedures, goals and objectives. You will implement all contractually required services, manage a department budget and seek to improve the operational efficiencies of the facility’s health service program. Working in unison with regional and corporate management, you will be a liaison between facility staff, contracting agencies and compliance agencies on healthcare-related matters.
Other responsibilities of the Administration role include:
• Managing the overall operations of the facility’s healthcare operations
• Ensuring the needs of the facility are consistently being met
• Ensuring compliance with the policies and procedures of the company
• Utilizing established policies and procedures in making decisions
• Directing the work of other employees and contract providers
• Hiring employees and evaluating work performance
• Conducting employee training, promotions and disciplinary action including termination
• Ensuring adequate staffing to meet the needs of the detainees/inmates
• Assuming any role needed and accepting 24/7 on-call status
• Ensuring appropriate licensure and insurance coverage of all personnel
• Monitoring and taking appropriate action as needed on operational issues
• Ensuring compliance with all applicable pharmacy laws and physical safety requirements
• Ensuring proper accreditation of the medical program is attained
• Completing and submitting regular operational reports
• Recommending improvements for operational efficiency and cost effectiveness
• Obtaining outside bids for ancillary services
As a Healthcare Administrator you must possess superior communication skills in order to interact effectively with your administrative team. You must be able to disseminate verbal instructions or training clearly and in a manner that is understood by the intended audience. You must be a highly motivated, dedicated and organized professional who works well in a team oriented environment.
Other requirements of the Administration role include:
• Master’s or Bachelor's degree in Health Administration or Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Nursing plus current and unrestricted license to practice as Registered Nurse
• 5 years of related work experience in a correctional or detention setting with 3 years of experience in an administrative or supervisory capacity. Experience in Immigration Customs Enforcement Facilities highly desired!
• Working knowledge of program objectives, policies, correctional laws, applicable court orders, procedures and requirements for managing a secure correctional facility
• Outpatient or emergency services experience, preferred
• Experience in healthcare planning, budgeting and contractual obligations, preferred
• Ability to follow strict company policies and procedures
• Ability to write memorandums and reports in a clear, concise and accurate manner
• Ability to work with computers and necessary software typically used by the department
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships