Home Care Agency seeking nurse to conduct PCA classes, aide orientations, and in-services.
Perfect if you love teaching and helping others follow their dreams of starting a career in the health care industry.
Competitive Pay/ Full time
POSITION SUMMARY:Working under the supervision of the Director of Patient Services/Director of Training Program, the RN Instructor is responsible for teaching the 40 hours Personal Care Aide Training Program and (if approved) the 75+ hour Home Health Aide Training Program. The instructor will provide classroom, skills laboratory and clinical instruction and supervision to prepare and qualify students for certification as PCA or HHA.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Must be a New York State Licensed Registered Nurse, and have 2 years experience as a professional nurse. Administrative/supervisory experience and homecare experience are preferred. Should possess the skill to make decisions independently, and demonstrate critical thinking skills.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: The ideal candidate will provide and supervise theoretical instruction and clinical experience to carry out the training program’s objectives; evaluate students’ performance in classroom and clinical setting; counsel students with regard to achievement and performance of objectives; evaluate teaching areas and submit suggestions for policies and procedures and curriculum enhancements.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Basic computer skills required. The ability to utilize basic computer software integral to agency operations after initial training period, multi-tasking skills are essential.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, Ability to work in a stressful environment and to effectively deal with stress may be expected.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conducts PCA and/or HHA training classes, Orientation and in services as required.
• Prepares training and in service materials for lectures, clinical labs and practice sessions.
• Keeps up to date knowledge base regarding curriculum requirements.
• Is flexible and adaptive in providing instruction and supervision.
• Maintains student and employees records in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
• Documentation is accurate and consistent with regulations.
• Teaches students and employees to deliver care within the scope of their certification and within the boundaries of their preparation and limitations.
• Observes, assess and reports any problems or issues in student progress and employees skills and knowledge
• Builds positive relationships with students, employees and patients/health care facility staff members.
• Participates in curriculum development as needed.
• Maintains safety of classroom and in service education environment.
• Achieves high student success rate by monitoring and measuring performance.
• Maintains strict confidentiality of class records.
• Inventories and reorders supplies as needed.
• Maintains classroom decorum.
• Demonstrates understanding of False Claims Act and corporate compliance policies and procedures.
• Assists with other duties as required.
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
How many years of Homecare Training experience do you have?