Premier Staffing Source, Inc. has an immediate opportunity available for an RN to work at a Behavioral Health Center in Chesapeake, Virginia, on an assignment.
Weekday shifts- $30.49 an hour
Weekend shifts- $33.47 an hour
Assignment Length- Fill ASAP- Open ended (will continue as long as you are continuing to do well and want to renew your contract)
Schedule- Night Shift 11:00pm to 7:30am (29 hours per week)
(Position will include working every other weekend and some holiday's)
**Must be available for a 7:45am-4:30pm training for 1st day the remaining 3-4 days of training will be from 8am-4:30pm.**
1. Shall provide services on an as-needed basis as requested by the DBHDS Chief Nurse Executive or designee.
2. Must be able to work shift work, weekends and holidays as determined by the responsible entity at the DBHDS facility where deployed.
3. Must possess a minimum of one (1) year direct experience in a Psychiatric Behavioral Health treatment program or in an Acute Care setting.
4. Shall maintain acceptable standards of client care consistent with DBHDS policies and current best practices.
5. Shall maintain and safeguard the confidentiality of patient records in a manner consistent with patient/client welfare and in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
6. Shall be able to provide evidence, on an annual basis, of a current Purified Protein Derivative (PPD) reading or evaluation if known PPD reactor for employees.
7. Shall hold current certifications in Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Cardiac Life support (ACLS) and shall submit evidence of certification.
8. Must be familiar with Electronic Health Record system and Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE).
9. Shall provide Nursing Assessment on admission. This includes, but may not be limited to: the initial assessment, health history, nursing assessment, and risk assessment, routine laboratory studies as indicated or directed and per facility policy.
10. Shall conduct routine assessments as ordered by the Licensed Independent Practitioner (LIP)and within the RNs scope of practice.
11. Shall administer medications, as ordered by the treating LIP including, but not limited to: subcutaneous and intramuscular injections, oral, transcutaneous, rectal, intravenous, and topical forms.
12. Must be able to assess clients for potential reactions and escalate concerns to the next level care Provider.
13. Must be able to document the effectiveness of pharmacological interventions in a manner consistent with facility policy.
14. Must be able to transcribe medication orders to the Medication Administration Record (MAR) and Treatment Administration Record (TAR) in accordance with facility policy.
15. Must be able to order medications from the Pharmacy per facility policy and ensure accuracy when performing narcotic and other medication counts/audits.
16. Must demonstrate the proper disposal of used hypodermic apparatus and biohazard wastes per facility policy.
17. Shall monitor client vital signs and take appropriate actions as determined by facility policy when vital signs are not within defined parameters.
18. Must be able to identify and recognize changes in medical/psychiatric conditions and escalate concerns to the LIP and supervisory RN upon negative examination findings.
19. Shall provide treatment and/or medications in emergency situations in accordance with Medical Services/Nursing Treatment protocols and facility policy.
20. Shall document and legibly record, per facility policy, nursing interventions and patient encounters in the medical record. This includes detailed documentation of physical and/or behavioral signs and symptoms.
21. Shall serve on and contribute to the interdisciplinary team, with participation in Treatment team meetings and other meetings as determined by the facility.
22. Must provide Health Education on a One-to-One (Nurse to Client) basis .
23. Shall demonstrate the ability to evaluate the effectiveness of the Nursing Care Plan.
24. Must participate in/lead patient treatment groups where determined applicable by the facility.
25.Shall interface with community based mental health providers, hospitals and other agencies to promote continuation of a patient care, including transfer, bed information and acceptance/approval for admission to the facility.
26.Shall prepare client information packets for facility transfers, discharge and passes.
27. Shall participate in Disaster Drills and Emergency Training for Agency Emergency Preparedness activities.
28. Shall prepare special reports as needed, and perform other related duties.
29. Must perform general clerical duties to support client record keeping and clinical operations.
30. Shall speak, understand, read and write the English language fluently.
31. Shall be able to demonstrate operation of standard office equipment (e.g. fax machines, copiers, phone systems, computers)
32. Should have experience with data and word processing applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite -Excel, Word, etc.).
33. Shall immediately notify the Chief Nurse Executive or designee if license is denied, suspended or revoked; if any professional disciplinary action is taken; or if the Provider has any physical, mental or emotional problems which might impact performance of assigned duties.
RN License Current
Chesapeake, Virginia , 23320
Premier Staffing Source, Inc.
Oct 9th, 2019