ShelterCare's new Uhlhorn Day Services program serves adults with disabilities in our community, and we need a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) who's compassionate and excited to work with that population. The LPN of Adult Day Services is responsible for providing nursing services to participants attending Uhlhorn Day Services under the direction of the participant's physician and as defined in the participant's service plan. This position develops service plans in collaboration with the participant and other care providers and provides medical support as necessary when concerns arise. The LPN is responsible for ensuring the service plan is being implemented through the program, providing direct guidance to the Life Enrichment Aide(s) and Life Enrichment Coordinator, under the supervision of the Program Manager.
Some specific duties include (but aren't limited to):
- Be an active member of the day service team in creation and implementation of participant service plans. This includes being an active member of the floor during activities when not working with participants on an individual basis or completing other assigned duties.
- Provide medication administration under the direction of the physician and ability to document this interaction in the Medication Administration Record (MAR) and in monthly progress notes. This includes meeting individually with participants a minimum of 1x per month to discuss medication regimen.
- Provide supportive counseling, advice and supervision as needed to accomplish individual participant service plan goals, providing resource information as necessary.
- Provide participant assessments on a monthly, quarterly and semi-annual basis, as necessary.
- Provide service plan reviews on a monthly, quarterly and semi-annual basis, including other care providers and participant in the review as necessary.
- Complete monthly progress note narratives in accordance with Uhlhorn Day Services policy and procedures.
- Must be available to all attending participants when on duty to supervise, instruct, encourage and provide appropriate assistance with activities of daily living in the form of evaluation, instruction, and cueing. ADLs include eating, hygiene, dressing, elimination, and transferring.
This is an non-exempt, full-time position. Schedule is M-F, 8:30am - 5:30pm. Compensation includes $21.63/hr (DOE) and benefits. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; 10 paid holidays; generous paid time off accrual; pet-friendly environment; and employee assistance program.
Please apply online at sheltercare.org. Please do NOT apply through another job board as the information does not always transfer over correctly.
This job requires LPN licensure. Food handler's card required. Related experience working with seniors and adults with disabilities in a day program preferred. Experience working with adults with cognitive impairments preferred. Current CPR/First Aid certification preferred. Knowledge around body mechanics and transfer techniques preferred.
Must be able to pass a DHS criminal background check, possess a valid driver license, and qualify to operate agency vehicles.
Eugene, Oregon , 97401
21.63 per hour
Sep 28th, 2018