- Must be a Registered Nurse
- Supervise, develop, and schedule the resident services staff according to Atria’s policies, procedures and standards.
- Establish and maintain a medication system which adheres to state, federal and company laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Perform assessments and reassessments to determine resident needs and establish appropriate service plans.
- Operate the Resident Services Department within budget and according to Atria’s policies, procedures and standards.
- Complete daily Quality Enhancement reviews to ascertain if the department is meeting state regulations and atria policies.
- Act as a contact for issues related to resident care within the community.
- Ensure adherence to company policy and State Health and Safety Codes, and federal regulations for assisted living communities.
- Schedule and supervise staff; available to cover staffing when needed.
- Administer medications as allowed per state specific guidelines when required.
- Provide activities of daily living assistance to the residents as needed.
- Provide training and orientation to new assisted living staff members and ongoing training to current staff members.
- Communicate to residents, families, department heads, resident services staff, and Executive Director in an effective and respectful manner as needed.
- Support hospitality, leasing, and sales processes with promotion of a positive image of Atria.
- (Clinical Related Matters) – Partner with the Life Guidance Director in maintaining active community and professional ties with clinical and non-clinical contacts.
- (Clinical Related Matters) – Partner with the Life Guidance Director in acting as a contact for issues related to resident care within the community.
- Partner with and otherwise assist the Life Guidance Director in supervising, developing, and scheduling the staff according to Atria’s policies, procedures and standards.
- Partner with and otherwise assist the Life Guidance Director in establishing and maintaining a medication system which adheres to state, federal and company laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Partner with the Life Guidance Director in providing training and orientation to new assisted living staff members and ongoing training to current staff members.
- Deliver and attend required training for self and employee partners.
- Maintain positive relations with residents’ families and physicians.
- Maintain active community and professional ties.
- May drive company vehicle from community to social and other various destinations (only if required by community).
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- A registered nurse licensed to practice as required by state regulations.
- Experience in direct patient care and assessments/observation of clinical conditions.
- Experience in recruiting, training and managing people in the healthcare field.
- Experience at a department head level in Assisted Living or a related industry.
- CPR certified and knowledge of basic first aid.
- Experience coordinating educational events.
- Must successfully complete the Atria Medication management training, and all Atria specified training programs.
- Must complete all state required training to maintain license or certification.
- Able to work flexible work hours due to demands of position.
- Position requires driving responsibilities (may use Company provided vehicle and/or personal vehicle).
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Must satisfactorily meet and be in compliance with Atria motor vehicle policy standards.
Must be a Registered Nurse.
The Bronx, New York , 10463
Base Salary - $110,000 (Flexible - Depending on years of experience)
Atria Park of Ann Arbor
Aug 10th, 2020